Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Campbell's Creamy Dijon Chicken with Rice


This handy little recipe is from allrecipes.com, which I love. I love it mostly because they have an "ingredient search", where you can just plug in an ingredient you want to use, and they tell you all the different things you can make with it. This is ideal for me, because I consistently will come across things in our cabinets that I intended to use in a meal weeks ago, but forgot. Instead of trying to remember what I wanted to use it for, I just find new ideas on allrecipes. Tonight's recipe is courtesy of my need to get rid of a can of Cream of Celery soup.


INGREDIENTS:

-1 tbsp EVOO

-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

-1 (10.75 oz) can of Cream of Celery soup (of course Campbell's recommends theirs)

-2/3 cup water

-1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard

-1/8 tsp ground black pepper

-4 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice


DIRECTIONS:

-Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned.

-Add soup, water, mustard, and pepper. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done. Serve with rice.


COMMENTS:

-How's that for easy? 20 minutes or less, this one. Wanna make it easier? Use instant rice, like we did...ha.

-It tasted pretty good. Nothing exceptional, but a good quick meal for a night when you are maybe really tired from work, even more exhausted from the gym, and just want to sit around and watch CNN coverage of the primaries all night. Just as a for-instance. Go Obama!

1 comment:

Craig Lamb Ph.D. said...

To be honest, I was a bit worried about this one, but it was really good! I ate much more than I should have! A great meal!