Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome to my new adventure!

I know some people might not believe it, but...I am learning how to cook.

Any of you that have known me for any amount of time, understand that I have previously been a disaster in the kitchen. At age 12, I asked my parents how to boil water. At age 17, I attempted to bake cookies, but did not add flour. And at age 20, I screwed up a batch of deviled eggs (I still don't know how).

But, at the ripe old age of 24, I have decided to cast aside my fears and plunge into cooking headfirst. (Also I just got married, and we have all these new kitchen appliances that really can't go to waste.) Now that I'm not planning a wedding anymore, I told my husband that I will instead plan meals. He was skeptical at first but is slowly appreciating this more domesticated side of me.

I've already done about 1-2 weeks of "delicious feasts" (as I call them), and since the kitchen has not burned down yet, I figured it was safe to chronicle my work in blog form.

So.

Kelly vs. Kitchen.

Round One, Fight!

2 comments:

Mum said...

You neglected to mention that your dad is a chef. tee hee.

lalachris said...

I have been enjoying your Blog since the start. Great job. One little suggestion-some of your great meals would really stand out on white plates. Maybe your "Mum" has a few to spare???