Monday, March 10, 2008

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Basil


I wanted a shrimp dish, and this one was recommended to me by one of the ladies on the CT board of thenest.com. Exactly the type of thing I was looking for!


INGREDIENTS:

-1/4 cup olive oil

1 (8oz) package angel hair pasta

-1 tsp chopped garlic

-1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined

-2 (28 oz) cans Italian style diced tomatoes, drained

-1/2 cup dry white wine

1/4 cup chopped parsley

-3 tbsp chopped fresh basil

-3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese


DIRECTIONS:

-Bring a large pot of water to boil, and add 1 tbsp oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander, and give it a quick rinse with cold water.

-Heat remaining olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Add shrimp, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet, and set aside.

-Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley, and basil into the skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8-12 minutes. Add shrimp, and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


COMMENTS:

-2 big cans of diced tomatoes seemed like a lot to me, so I only bought one. While this was a good amount in the end, I can see how 2 cans would not have been too much. So if you enjoy tomatoes, do go with the whole 2 cans.

-Overall this was a pretty light and healthy meal. A nice variation on the other shrimp/pasta meals we've done in the past.

2 comments:

Craig Lamb Ph.D. said...

This one was good too. It was very light and would make a good summer meal. Well done my wife!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.